Opair@h`s Blog (Beta)

Monday, March 13, 2006

Hey Neighbors, Stop Piggybacking on My Wireless

Its too normal these days when you walk in street to find someone set in his car and exploring internet without any cables ... oh how he do that ? is it magic? no its a non-secure wireless network area ? so he`s hacker ? I dont guess that !!!
let me speak about the other scenario, you get a new a High Speed internet Connection for your home/office, and you are care about decoration or about yourself to be FREE ... thinking .... and finally you decide to buy an wireless router , when you start configuring it --> check DHCP clients --> oh wow 3 users are connected ... they were checking like stockholders :)

is this considered as Stealing ?! who can I blame for ? firsr one or second ? In fact I cant blame any one


Most reports said that more than 80% of wireless networks are INSECURE , so if you care about that you can use many techniques to prevent that

Finally, If I wanna blame someone I`ll blame either the technical or the user
as My expert most users dont know about wireless security , they only need to read the Manual

"RTFM" -- Computer Wisdom.

[Read This History]

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home